IET Awards - Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
Awards, prizes and scholarships within engineering and technology
Other IET Awards
IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships supported by BT
Scholarships offered in 2017
25 scholarships of £1,000 per year.
BT Group is headquartered in London, with offices across the UK and in over 170 countries worldwide.
BT is one of the world’s leading communications services companies, serving the needs of customers in the UK and across the world, where we the provide fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
In the UK we are a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
We also sell wholesale products and services to communications providers in the UK and around the world. Globally, we supply managed networked IT services to multinational corporations, domestic businesses and national and local government organisations.
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. By bringing together the best networks and technology with the expertise of our people, we make connections and create new possibilities. This way business can grow, communities can flourish, and individuals can get more out of life.
- Summer placements
- Industrial placements
- Graduate scheme
- Graduate opportunities
- Work experience
As a Diamond Jubilee Scholar supported by the organisation what are the benefits/opportunities
BT Scholarship funding via the IET Diamond Jubilee scholarship scheme of £1,000 per year for up to 4 years and all the additional benefits provided by the IET
- Paid internship opportunities exclusively for BT-sponsored Diamond Scholars.
- Career development mentorship with senior BT managers.
- Technical mentorship with our world class engineers and researchers, and engagement with BT's Global R&D Labs.
- Invitations to BT tech talks.
- Visits to BT technology showcases and events.
- Visits to BT partner organisations
- Fast-track entry opportunities to the BT Graduate programme.