Other IET Awards
IET Grants for Final Year Students 2018
Ten IET Grants of £1,000 are available to IET student members starting their FINAL year of an IET accredited degree course in the UK in Autumn 2018. IET Grants are awarded to assist students with their final year studies and are financed from bequests given to the IET by its members.
Criteria for IET Undergraduate Grants
- IET Grants are for members of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Associate members and lapsed members are not eligible to apply.
- In 2018, applicants must have been a member of the IET for at least one year by the closing date for applications.
- This awards scheme is not restricted to UK residents, but applicants must be studying on an IET accredited Bachelor's or MEng Engineering or Technology degree course in the UK. The IET accredits programmes across a diverse spectrum, including electrical, electronic, manufacturing, mechanical, systems and software engineering and specialist areas such as bioengineering, nanotechnology and renewable energy. Before making your application, check the list of CEng and IEng accredited programmes to make sure that your degree course in the UK is accredited by the IET.
- IET Grants are for students starting the final year of their degree course in Autumn 2018.
- Applicants are expected to have obtained 60% or more (i.e.2.1 or above) in their end of year exams.
- Applications must be supported by a reference from your tutor.
- Students who are already in receipt of an IET or Academy (Power Academy, UKESF, E3) scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form, which will be updated in due course, using the link at the top of the page. Applications and all supporting documents must be received by the deadline. Changes to your application form can be made at any time up until the deadline.
- Forward the reference form, which will be available in due course, to your referee for completion. Your referee should be someone who is in a position to comment on your academic ability, e.g. tutor or lecturer. Applicants with industrial experience or sponsorship are encouraged to submit an additional reference from a training supervisor or manager. The reference forms(s) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by your referee(s) (not yourself) by the deadline.
- Candidates who have completed their submissions by the deadline will be invited to upload a scanned copy of their university transcripts. Please ensure that you submit the correct information i.e. your results for the end of the current academic year. Ensure your results are confirmed results and not provisional ones.
2017 Key date
15 November 2017 IET Achievement Awards Ceremony
2018 Key dates
28 June 2018 Application and References
27 July 2018 Transcripts to be uploaded
TBC IET Achievement Awards Ceremony
- All eligible applications will be reviewed by the IET Scholarships Committee and decisions will be communicated by email by the end of September. If your application is unsuccessful we will not be able to give individual feedback on why the Scholarships Committee did not select you for an award.
- Successful candidates will receive the IET Grant funds in October and be invited to the IET Achievement Awards Ceremony to receive their certificates.
Whatever the outcome, the IET thanks you for your interest in our Scholarships programme and wishes you well in your chosen studies.