IET Awards - Travel
Awards, prizes and scholarships within engineering and technology
Other IET Awards
If you would like to broaden your professional experience through undertaking a study tour, working in industry or attending a conference then why not apply for one of the IET Travel Awards?
To apply for these awards you must be a member of the IET. If you are not already an IET member then you will need to join the IET prior to submitting an application.
Twelve awards of £500 are available annually with two awards being made every second month. Applications must be made at least two months before your date of travel and must be supported by
- documentary evidence of the travel intention (e.g. invitation from the conference organiser)
- confirmation that a visa has been sought (if required)
- a reference. The reference form should be forwarded to your referee who should complete and send it to email@example.com. It is your responsibility to ask your referee for a reference and we will not contact referees to obtain references on your behalf. We will also not contact referees who have not supplied a reference by the deadline.
Please note that your application will not be accepted if any of the above have not been received by the deadline.
If your application is successful you will be required to submit a professional report of up to 1000 words on your experiences within one month of the completion of your trip.
Please click on the link on the right to register; you will then receive an email informing you how to submit your application.
Applications will be assessed on
- soundness and worthiness of the applicant's ideas relating to the purpose for which the money would be used if awarded
- the research promise and evidence of ability of the applicant
- a genuine financial need for the award, in so far that assistance is not available from conventional sources of finance.
The application process is competitive and submissions will be judged against other applications.
Deadlines (applications for travel already undertaken will not be considered)
Deadline for application
Applicants notified by
|29 January 2014||12 February 2014|
|26 March 2014||9 April 2014|
|21 May 2014||11 June 2014|
|30 July 2014||13 August 2014|
|24 September 2014||8 October 2014|
|26 November 2014||10 December 2014|