Appropriate Healthcare Technologies for Low Resource Settings - AHT2014
The 8th International Conference - Promoting access to healthcare through technology
17 - 18 September 2014 | 15Hatfields, London, UK
Following the huge success of AHT2012 The IET is delighted to once again announce its 8th international conference - Appropriate Healthcare Technologies for Low Resource Settings - AHT2014, promoting access to healthcare through technology.
This two day must attend conference brings together healthcare technologists, clinicians, researchers and public bodies from around the world to explore effective engineering solutions to meet the healthcare problems in low resource settings.
Find out more about the conference.
Due to high interest we are pleased to extend the abstract submission deadline to 17 March 2014.
The IET is pleased to launch a call for papers for the 8th International Conference on Appropriate Healthcare Technologies for Low Resource Settings - AHT2014.
Find out about call for papers and author information.
University Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering, Department of Engineering Science; Associate Director, Centre for Doctoral Training in Healthcare Innovation
Dr Gari Clifford is the Director of Kellogg College's Centre for Affordable Healthcare Technologies, which was formed to extend his research as the head of the Intelligent Patient Monitoring Group at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering. He is a university lecturer in biomedical engineering based at Oxford's Institute for Biomedical Engineering.
Technology Strategy Board
We are delighted to say that our headline Sponsor, the Technology Strategy Board (UK Govt. innovation agency) will talk about their India-UK collaborative industrial research and development programme.
The programme aims to bring together and support the best of Indian and UK expertise which should lead to some truly innovative developments in affordable healthcare for the benefit of both countries.
Healthcare Technology Letters
Launching in 2014 with paper submissions now open, Healthcare Technology Letters is a new online-only express source of peer-reviewed content across the modern healthcare engineering and technology field.
The scope is interdisciplinary, primarily focusing on the latest advances in engineering, and computer and information science for healthcare.
To request a free institutional trial of Healthcare Technology Letters, please contact us.
Articles of interest
- Lab-In-Suitcase (source: International Aid)
- The low cost technology saving premature babies' lives (source: BBC News)
- Analysis: Healthcare sees emerging future in frugal innovation (source: Reuters)
- Emerging economies drive frugal innovation (source: World Health Organization)
- Uchek app tests urine for medical issues (source BBC News)
- 'Frugal' medical devices set to help developing countries (source: The Engineer)
- Handheld ultrasound devices (source: News Medical)
- SMART Health India (source: University of Oxford)
- Device to fight anaemia in India (source: BBC News)
- Affordable Medical Technology Innovation for Low-Resource Settings (source: GHD Online)
- Kellog: Centre for Affordable Healthcare Technologies (source: University of Oxford)