This two day conference brought together healthcare technologists, clinicians, researchers and public bodies from around the world to explore effective engineering solutions to meet the healthcare problems in low resource settings.
Find out more about the conference.
Technology Strategy Board
We are delighted to say that our headline Sponsor, the Technology Strategy Board (UK Govt. innovation agency) will talk about their India-UK collaborative industrial research and development programme.
The programme aims to bring together and support the best of Indian and UK expertise which should lead to some truly innovative developments in affordable healthcare for the benefit of both countries.
Healthcare Technology Letters
Recently launched in April 2014, Healthcare Technology Letters is our online-only express journal, with an interdisciplinary scope primarily focusing on the latest advances in biomedical engineering and computer and information science for healthcare.
Sign up now for your FREE trial of Healthcare Technology Letters throughout 2014 and with the journal now accepting papers, we welcome your submission.
Find out more, submit your paper or sign up for your free trial of Healthcare Technology Letters.
Articles of interest
- Lab-In-Suitcase (source: International Aid)
- The low cost technology saving premature babies' lives (source: BBC News)
- Analysis: Healthcare sees emerging future in frugal innovation (source: Reuters)
- Emerging economies drive frugal innovation (source: World Health Organization)
- Uchek app tests urine for medical issues (source BBC News)
- 'Frugal' medical devices set to help developing countries (source: The Engineer)
- SMART Health India (source: University of Oxford)
- Device to fight anaemia in India (source: BBC News)
- Affordable Medical Technology Innovation for Low-Resource Settings (source: GHD Online)
- Kellog: Centre for Affordable Healthcare Technologies (source: University of Oxford)