Abstract submission deadline
Notification of abstract acceptance
Submission of full papers deadline
Notification of final paper acceptance
Author registration deadline
Call for papers
Abstract submission: author information
|Abstract submission||Friday 25 July 2014|
|Abstract notification||Friday 12 September 2014|
|Full paper submission||Friday 26 September 2014|
|License to reproduce form submission||Friday 26 September 2014|
|Full paper notification||Friday 10 October 2014|
|Author amendments||Friday 17 October 2014|
|Author registration||Friday 17 October 2014|
Where will your paper be published?
The IET guarantees that successful authors will:
- Present their papers at the Asset Management 2014 UK conference
- Have their final paper published in the official conference proceedings
- Have their final papers published on IET Digital Library and IEEE Xplore
- Have their papers indexed by IET Inspec and submitted to Ei Compendex for consideration for indexing
The IET may also, with the permission of the author, film the presentation for publication on IET.tv.
The submission process
Authors wishing to submit papers and present at Asset Management 2014 are required to submit an abstract for consideration by the Conference’s Technical Programme Committee.
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper of up to six A4 pages for review by the committee.
Upon the review of full papers successful authors of full papers will be invited to attend and present their paper as an oral or poster presentation during Asset Management 2014.
Writing an abstract
- Abstracts are required for all submissions. Abstracts must be submitted using the template form provided. Please ensure all text / diagrams fit within the template and use Times New Roman or Arial font, size 10
- Abstracts must be submitted by Friday 25 July 2014 if they are to be considered for the conference
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract
- When inserting special characters in text use the ‘Insert Symbol’ function from the top menu
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
- The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Before submitting your abstract
Before submission, make sure that the following material is ready:
- Your abstract title, all authors’ names, affiliations and a 35 word (approx) biography
- Your prepared abstract file of no more than one A4 page, using the abstract template form provided, including title, names, affiliations and abstract in word format (file size maximum 2.0 MB - Megabyte)
- Your preferred topic area chosen from the conference scope. The technical programme committee reserves the right to change the authors' choice of topic area
Submitting your abstract
Step 1 – Register as a new user
- Enter the submission system
- Register as a new user by clicking on the red text at top of screen – fill out all required fields on form (* denotes mandatory field). Do not use the forward or back buttons on your browser when navigating the fields
- Confirmation screen – an email will be sent to you which contains submission instructions, the abstract template and your username and password
Step 2 – Submit your abstract
- Click on submission link
- Login using your username and password
- Click on the link that says “Click here to submit a new abstract”
- Follow the instructions on-screen and complete all fields in the four step process
- After completing step 3 of 3 you will be directed to a summary screen and sent a confirmation email containing your submission reference number which will need to be used in any correspondence with the organisers
On submission of your abstract the corresponding author will receive a confirmation of the receipt of the abstract. Your abstract will then be presented to the technical programme committee for consideration. Following review, you will be informed if you are being invited to submit a full paper to the conference.
Processing and publication of personal data
The personal information we receive from delegates will also be required after the conference. This is in order to render an account of the conclusions arrived at during the conference, for statistical purposes, and for the dispatch of information on relevant conferences in the future.
Personal data will be stored by the Institution of Engineering and Technology for future mailings and information on forthcoming conferences. Personal data may also, in certain cases, be released to other companies participating in the conference for the distribution of information and offers directly from them.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by Friday, 17 October 2014, to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation.
Papers that are not presented will not be indexed on the IET Digital Library, Inspec or IEEE Xplore.
It is with regret that we inform you that the IET, under the current UK, EU and US laws, is now prevented from providing any paid-for services to any person or legal entity based in Iran.
This is because of severe restrictions placed on banking services which prohibits the IET from accepting from, or making payments to, any individual or organisation based within Iran via the Iranian Banking infrastructure or by any other mechanism.
As a result of this it is no longer possible for the IET to take registrations for this conference from any person or legal entity based in Iran.
Should you have any question regarding this matter please email: email@example.com.