The Asset Management Conference
Call for papers conference
27 - 28 November 2013 | Etc. Venues: St Paul’s, London, UK
If you have any questions please contact:
Senior Event Producer
Tel: +44 (0) 1438 765 629
Full paper submission: author information
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors will be invited to submit a full paper to the conference.
The online submission system is now open for the submission of full papers which must be submitted by Friday 13 September 2013. Use of the full paper template is mandatory and only full papers following the instructions provided below will be considered. Please leave enough time when writing your paper for your company or employer’s approval / review if this required.
For the first time this year successful authors will have the choice of producing either:
- A standard 6 - 8 page full technical paper or
- The PowerPoint presentation accompanied by minimum of two page publishable technical notes.
The IET guarantees successful authors widespread exposure of their work. Please see why submit a paper for more information.
Writing a full paper
Download the full paper template (MS Word)
- Full papers are required for both oral and poster presentations. Full papers must be submitted using the full paper template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template
- PowerPoint presentations can be used on your own slide templates and submitted as .ppt or .pptx files via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When inserting special characters in text use the ‘Insert Symbol’ function (avoid code-numbers for the symbols)
- All final papers, full technical papers or publishable technical presentation notes must be submitted in PDF format according to the instructions within the full paper template
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
- Full papers must be submitted by Friday 13 September 2013
- The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Submitting a full paper
To submit your full paper you will need to re-enter the online submission system. Please check very carefully that all the information you have provided is correct. Here is a checklist of what you should have provided and how to submit your full paper:
- Prepare your full technical paper or publishable technical presentation notes file using the full paper template form provided and convert the file into PDF format
- If you are choosing option 2. - submit your PowerPoint in a .ppt format via email to email@example.com when submitting your PowerPoint please state the paper number to which it relates
- Re-enter the online submission system. Please contact us if you need a reminder of your username and password
- Click on the number of the paper you wish to submit
- Check the title is still correct
- Browse to upload your full technical paper or publishable technical presentation notes PDF
- Ensure a biography of the presenting author is entered
- Ensure all authors are listed on the final page
- Ensure affiliations are correct. This is for the organisation you represent, e.g. London Power Associates Ltd. It is not for professional affiliations e.g. The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Click finish to complete. You will then receive a confirmation email
License to publish
In submitting a paper to The Asset Management Conference 2013, the IET & IAM requests the authors to return a licence to publish form for the submitted work. The form must be signed by one of the authors.
Please amend the highlighted yellow areas, sign and return the copyright form below:
- License to publish form (MS Word)
Once completed, forms should be emailed, faxed or posted to:
The Asset Management Conference 2013 Organisers
The IET - Event Services
Michael Faraday House
Six Hills Way
Fax: +44(0) 1438 765659
Authors reserve the following rights:
- All copyright
- All proprietary rights, such as patent right
Please note The IET and IAM will hold the copyright for the collection of papers, or Proceedings.
If the paper is Crown or US Government copyright please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the appropriate publishing agreement form.
If the IET does not receive one of the above signed forms, we will be unable to publish the paper in the conference proceedings, INSPEC or IEEE Explore
Processing and publication of personal data
The personal information we receive from delegates will also be required after the conference. This is in order to render an account of the conclusions arrived at during the conference, for statistical purposes, and for the dispatch of information on relevant conferences in the future.
Personal data will be stored by the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Institute for Asset Management for future mailings and information on forthcoming conferences. Personal data may also, in certain cases, be released to other companies participating in the conference for the distribution of information and offers directly from them.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by Friday 11 October 2013 to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings. Authors may only register against a maximum of two papers.
The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation.
You are reminded that the IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
Poster presentation instructions
At the conference in the catering / exhibition area there will be a number of large boards for you to display your poster on. The IET will provide pins and velcro to stick them to the boards.
During the breaks and at lunch time you will be expected to spend some time at your poster as it is your opportunity to present your work directly to other delegates.
Your poster display
The poster board size is A0, portrait.
You should clearly display the following information on your poster board
- The title of your paper
- The authors’ names and their affiliations
- Your usual contact details (e.g. an email address) to allow delegates to follow up discussion
- Your display should consist chiefly of keywords, diagrams, photographs, etc
- Diagrams and graphs should have clear captions
- All text should be easy to read
- Use colour to emphasise important features
- All graphs and diagrams should be drawn with thick lines (preferably 1mm or more in width)
- Handwritten text or diagrams are not recommended
- The display should be visually appealing and should contain the essence of your paper in a form that is easy to understand
- Try to attract the registrants to your poster. Unless they come to it, you cannot expect to have a discussion with them
- The poster can contain visuals that were not present in your paper
- The poster display is important. You are recommended to take as much trouble with it as you did in preparing your written paper