Green ICT: Smart and efficient computing for sustainable business
Being sustainable isn’t about feeling better, it’s about doing better…
This event has been cancelled
About the seminar
- Is your company aware of the impact of leaving servers being left running over night?
- How do you monitor and reduce your data centre power consumption?
- Do you and your team understand best practices in using ICT equipment?
- Do you want to implement new initiatives that will improve efficiency, reduce carbon emissions and increase profitability?
The day will address the above issues to establish for a sustainable digital future, see new technologies in action and get to grips with the environmental, efficiency and financial benefits of green IT systems. Bringing together researchers, designers, developers and practitioners interested and involved in reducing the environmental impact of ICT systems.
Key reasons to attend
- Enhance your knowledge on green ICT strategies in order to tackle waste and improve accountability across different departments
- Highlight open issues to be addressed in the design, integration, maintenance and operations of IT systems
- Offer an understanding of the Government’s targets surrounding green ICT
- Discuss innovative approaches and remediation strategies in making computers as energy-efficient as possible
- Network with key industry professionals and learn about new resources that can be used to gain more insights on green computing strategies, technologies and business benefits
Who should attend?
Joining you on the day will be over 50 delegates from across the ICT sector. Below is an example of the people you can expect to meet on the day:
- Programme Directors / Heads
- Project Directors / Heads
- Heads of Supplier Management
- Chief Executives, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Scientific Officers
- Heads of IT / IT Directors, Directors of commissioning, procurement and contract management
- Heads of Technology, ICT Transformation, Shared Services, Data Assurance, Cloud Computing, Information Governance, Modernisation and Performance, Efficiency and Reform
- Business Change Directors, Heads of Business Continuity, IT Infrastructure, Information Assurance, Civil Contingencies, IT Security, Data Security
- Heads and Directors of Supplier Management / Commercial Contracts
- Website designers/editors, Data Centre Managers, Heads of Procurement
- Drivers of Efficiency, Service Modernisation, Green ICT and Shared Services, Business Change
- High-Level Government Officials, Policy Leads, Heads of Strategy