18 November 2015 | The Brewery, London, UK
Category available to sponsor
See our sponsorship page for details of how you can sponsor a category at the 2015 Innovation Awards.
This category is open to all entries that demonstrate engineering, scientific and technological innovation in the built environment.
Entries are encouraged that relate to any aspect of the built environment including design proposals, system improvements or developments, installation methods, innovative use of new materials, product innovation, operation and maintenance of systems and equipment or components and all aspects relating to the built environment.
Entries can range from research concepts and ideas to technical issues and industrial applications, and are encouraged from, but not limited to, the themes and topics in the following areas:
Intelligent and green buildings
- Environmental management systems and energy efficiency
- Sustainable energy
- Systems integration
- Embedded sensor technology
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- ICT systems in buildings
- Security and fire systems
- Vertical and horizontal transportation
- Care and well-being support systems
- Infrastructure communications and computing systems
Building electrical distribution
- Standby generation and UPS
- Lighting, emergency lighting, and lighting protection
- Power systems for buildings
- Earthing and bonding
- Testing and commissioning
- Health and safety
- Power over internet
Building management and control
- Access and security control
- Systems installation, commissioning & testing
- Cable management and electrical safety
There are three simple steps to entering the awards
Prepare your entry form and any supporting evidence (if appropriate) along with a high res photo (min. 300dpi) of your innovation. You’ll need a succinct title and a brief description (50 words max), we also ask for a PR contact (if relevant).
Register as a new user on the online submission system and submit your entry form, evidence and photo following the on-screen instructions.
Put 18 November 2015 in your diary. You’ll need to attend the ceremony if you’re shortlisted!
Handy hints for completing your entry form
- The title of your entry should describe the content and not include the name of your company or organisation with no more than 15 words
- You may enter up to three categories with each innovation but will require a separate entry form for each
- Ensure you actually describe how your innovation works (simple, but not always the case!)
- No sales jargon please
- Be specific to the questions posed
- Remember to refer back to the judging criteria
- Please remember that it is quality over quantity. Pay attention to the guideline words lengths
- The description in question five may be used to describe your innovation in any general marketing and publicity that the institution does on your behalf should your entry reach finalist stage of the awards. This marketing will reach a very broad audience and needs to be constructed in non-technical terms. It should not simply repeat the entry title as the two will usually be listed together