18 November 2015 | The Brewery, London, UK
Category available to sponsor
See our sponsorship page for details of how you can sponsor a category at the 2015 Innovation Awards.
Emerging Technology Design
Entries of innovative emerging technologies are encouraged from R&D departments within industry and academia. Recognition will be given to entries delivering tangible, pioneering and original solutions which address specific needs, offer a new value stream.
Innovations submitted to this category can be the product itself or a specific feature of the product. The product itself may be mass-produced or custom-made. The submitted entry must be in working, marketable condition.
Emerging technology entries are welcomed from all areas of engineering including electronics, telecommunications, transport, manufacturing, power and information technology.
Entries should not include a new and novel application of an established technology.
There are three simple steps to entering the awards
Prepare your entry form and any supporting evidence (if appropriate) along with a high res photo (min. 300dpi) of your innovation. You’ll need a succinct title and a brief description (50 words max), we also ask for a PR contact (if relevant).
Register as a new user on the online submission system and submit your entry form, evidence and photo following the on-screen instructions.
Put 20 November 2013 in your diary. You’ll need to attend the ceremony if you’re shortlisted!
Handy hints for completing your entry form
- The title of your entry should describe the content and not include the name of your company or organisation with no more than 15 words
- You may enter up to three categories with each innovation but will require a separate entry form for each
- Ensure you actually describe how your innovation works (simple, but not always the case!)
- No sales jargon please
- Be specific to the questions posed
- Remember to refer back to the judging criteria
- Please remember that it is quality over quantity. Pay attention to the guideline words lengths
- The description in question five may be used to describe your innovation in any general marketing and publicity that the institution does on your behalf should your entry reach finalist stage of the awards. This marketing will reach a very broad audience and needs to be constructed in non-technical terms. It should not simply repeat the entry title as the two will usually be listed together