16 November 2016 | The Brewery, London, UK
Category available to sponsor
See our sponsorship page for details of how you can sponsor a category at the 2016 Innovation Awards.
Other IET awards
Entries to the IET Healthcare Technologies Innovation Award category are welcomed from academic, industrial, clinical, consulting and service organisations which have developed or demonstrated innovative technology in healthcare enabling technology or applications, or for the innovative use of existing technology in health management for assisted living, with for instance, innovations addressing the aging agenda or global health challenges.
Entries can range from research concepts and ideas to technical issues and industrial applications, and are encouraged from, but not limited to, the themes and topics in the following areas:
- Scanning (e.g., CAT scanners) and X-rays
- Clinical decision support
- Clinical point of care technology
- Electronic patient record
- Health information technology
- Hygiene and infection control
- Medication management
- Patient care and administration
- Surgical technology
- Video and imaging
- Connected health solutions
- Health monitoring
- Patient self-diagnosis devices
- Medical and healthcare apps – smartphones
- Medical and healthcare apps – tablet PCs and/or other mobile devices
- Machine-to-machine (M2M)
- Decision support
- Emergency services and crisis control
- Remote monitoring and testing
- Trauma care
There are three simple steps to entering the awards
Prepare your entry form and any supporting evidence (if appropriate) along with a high res photo (min. 300dpi) of your innovation. You’ll need a succinct title and a brief description (50 words max), we also ask for a PR contact (if relevant).
Register as a new user on the online submission system and submit your entry form, evidence and photo following the on-screen instructions.
Put 16 November 2016 in your diary. You’ll need to attend the ceremony if you’re shortlisted!
Handy hints for completing your entry form
- The title of your entry should describe the content and not include the name of your company or organisation with no more than 15 words
- You may enter up to three categories with each innovation but will require a separate entry form for each
- Ensure you actually describe how your innovation works (simple, but not always the case!)
- No sales jargon please
- Be specific to the questions posed
- Remember to refer back to the judging criteria
- Please remember that it is quality over quantity. Pay attention to the guideline words lengths
- The description in question five may be used to describe your innovation in any general marketing and publicity that the institution does on your behalf should your entry reach finalist stage of the awards. This marketing will reach a very broad audience and needs to be constructed in non-technical terms. It should not simply repeat the entry title as the two will usually be listed together