18 November 2015 | The Brewery, London, UK
Sponsored by Altran
Intelligent Systems Award Winner 2015
Recycling wasted vehicular kinetic energy to power intelligent energy systems
|With embedded sensors, wireless technology and real-time analytics, the system collects, monitors and transmits data and creates valuable insights about operations, traffic flows and safety concerns.|
The judging panel commented:
"This is an excellent example, and worthy winner, of a multi-disciplinary intelligent system which provides an alternative to standard renewable energy systems for high-traffic facilities.
"By combining hydraulics, energy generation, electronics and data analytics it provides a cost-effective solution to power generation in remote locations."
Aperture: automated business process discovery
Aperture analyses workflow data to detect inefficient processes and collect evidence for process improvement projects. The software intelligently reconstructs the end-to-end process model from workflow data for both sequential and highly complex parallel processes.
It enriches the model with performance statistics and highlights inefficiencies which are relevant for process improvement.
The ‘Swift’ Collectors and ‘Swift’ App
In a UK-first, Centro (the West Midlands Integrated Transport Authority) has significantly enhanced its on-line smart ticketing offer with the rollout of 100 remote fulfilment readers across the West Midlands bus network - allowing customers to renew season tickets or top-up pay-as-you-go credit and instantly collect it from a reader.
Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) detection functionality for LynxSecure
By adding real-time APT detection functionality to its LynxSecure bare metal isolation kernel, Lynx Software Technologies adds threat detection of advanced rootkits and telemetry data collection for Internet borne threats on IoT gateways.
The solution was first demonstrated at RSA in April 2015 and has been granted multiple patents.
Lynx Software Technologies
Bendable capacitive touch sensor
This bendable touch capacitive sensor is a creative design used for wearable and bendable touch sense devices. It has been implemented in an OLED display wristband.
It is proven as capable of making use of brittle Indium Tin Oxide material to provide high quality cost competitive bendable capacitive touch panels.
Solomon Systech Limited
Intelligent Systems information
This category recognises excellence in the development of ‘intelligent systems’, the new wave of embedded and real-time systems that are typically highly connected, have massive processing power, and perform complex functions that are often safety-critical or mission-critical.
These systems are found across industry sectors, from automotive, rail, aerospace and defence to energy, healthcare, telecoms and consumer electronics.
The Intelligent Systems category covers technologies that are designed to fulfil a commercial need. Entries are invited for technologies at any stage of development and should demonstrate innovation in:
- Automating and enhancing the execution of complex and demanding tasks
- Derive new value from connectivity, either connecting Human-Machine or Machine-Machine
- Enabling and assuring the safe, secure and dependable operation of systems and enterprises
Technologies submitted for adjudication in this category may meet more than one of these criteria.
The judges will be particular interested in innovations in the disciplines and competences that apply to intelligent systems, namely:
- Systems engineering, including system architecture, real-time systems and model-based technology
- Software engineering, from hard real-time systems to enterprise-wide critical applications (excluding Information Technology)
- Hardware and electronics engineering, including silicon and board design
- Safety engineering, introducing innovative safety-critical systems, or advances in the techniques and methods of demonstrating and managing safety
- Security engineering, introducing secure embedded systems, or advances in the techniques and methods of demonstrating and managing security