18 November 2015 | The Brewery, London, UK
Category available to sponsor
See our sponsorship page for details of how you can sponsor a category at the 2015 Innovation Awards.
Measurement in Action
Entries to the IET Measurement in Action category can range from research concepts and ideas to technical issues and industrial applications, and are encouraged from, but not limited to, the themes and topics in the following areas:
- Monitoring and diagnosis by the novel application of measurement science and technology
- Novel measurement systems or instrument design
- Novel applications of measurement
- Improvement of industrial processes or products by measurement
- The use of measurement in areas with large economic or social impact
Entries will be assessed for the level of innovation shown, the thoroughness with which ideas have been pursued, the economic or social benefits involved, and the degree to which the work has pioneered a significant new field or activity.
There are three simple steps to entering the awards
Prepare your entry form and any supporting evidence (if appropriate) along with a high res photo (min. 300dpi) of your innovation. You’ll need a succinct title and a brief description (50 words max), we also ask for a PR contact (if relevant).
Register as a new user on the online submission system and submit your entry form, evidence and photo following the on-screen instructions.
Put 18 November 2015 in your diary. You’ll need to attend the ceremony if you’re shortlisted!
Handy hints for completing your entry form
- The title of your entry should describe the content and not include the name of your company or organisation with no more than 15 words
- You may enter up to three categories with each innovation but will require a separate entry form for each
- Ensure you actually describe how your innovation works (simple, but not always the case!)
- No sales jargon please
- Be specific to the questions posed
- Remember to refer back to the judging criteria
- Please remember that it is quality over quantity. Pay attention to the guideline words lengths
- The description in question five may be used to describe your innovation in any general marketing and publicity that the institution does on your behalf should your entry reach finalist stage of the awards. This marketing will reach a very broad audience and needs to be constructed in non-technical terms. It should not simply repeat the entry title as the two will usually be listed together