Supporting undergraduate students in electrical and power engineering at leading UK universities.
About the Power Academy
The Power Academy is a unique partnership between industry and academia, established to address the looming skills shortage in power engineering through a combination of financial support and workplace mentoring for students.
A number of scholarships are awarded each year to students at participating universities
A Power Academy scholarship provides:
- A bursary of £2,200 for each year of study;
- Contribution towards university tuition fees (for students who take up employment with their sponsoring company);
- £220 for books and software;
- Mentors from industry partners;
- Paid summer work placements;
- Annual high level seminar on important sector issues.
As a qualified power engineer your skills will be in great demand
In the recent IET skills survey 52 per cent of the 500 companies asked expect to face difficulties in recruiting suitably qualified engineers and technicians. Why not take a look at the profiles of some recent Power Academy graduates?