About the Power Academy
The Power Academy is a unique partnership between industry and academia, established to address the looming skills shortage in power engineering through a combination of financial support and workplace mentoring for students.
A number of scholarships are awarded each year to students at participating universities.
A Power Academy scholarship provides:
- A bursary of £2750 for each year of study
- £250 for books and software
- Mentors from industry partners
- Paid summer work placements
- Annual high level seminar on important sector issues
Find out whether you are eligible to apply for a Power Academy scholarship.
As a qualified power engineer your skills will be in great demand
In the recent IET skills survey 52 per cent of the 500 companies asked expect to face difficulties in recruiting suitably qualified engineers and technicians.