Over the past 15 years, the UK rail network has enjoyed a sustained period of growth and development in both passenger and freight. Railways are a key mode of transport and electrification is required to make them more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
These railways rely on the safe and reliable integration of overhead electrification, train control, SCADA, auxiliary and plant equipment. Additionally there is a need to provide electrical plant, train information, ticketing and passenger communication systems.
It is vital that engineers are able to understand the need for maintenance of the infrastructure and the life cycle of the electrification systems used on the railway.
Railway Electrification Infrastructure and Systems Residential Course is a four day course presented by 24 expert lecturers who have worked on railway systems around the world.
Find out more about the course.
REIS 2015 will follow the following themes:
- Requirements and constraints / benefits and needs of the railway infrastructure
- Electrification infrastructure design
- System interfaces and integration
- Energy efficiency and innovation
Delegates will also have to opportunity to attend one of seven technical visits.
View the programme page for more information.
By attending this course you will extend your knowledge and capabilities in:
- The requirements and constraints of the railway infrastructure
- The significant developments in railway electrification
- The need for maintenance of the infrastructure
- The need for application and innovation in sustainable railways
- Current railway innovation and industry developments
View the registration page to book your place.
This conference can count towards your CPD requirements. You'll earn 28 hours of CPD.
You might also be interested in…
26 March 2015 | Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, Bristol, UK
Resilience of Transmission and Distribution Networks
22 - 24 September 2015 | Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham, UK
Developments in Power System Protection
7 - 10 March 2016 | The Sheraton Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK