Road Transport Information and Control (RTIC) Conference 2012
25 - 26 September 2012 | IET London: Savoy Place
Sponsors and exhibitors
RTIC reviews the latest and most innovative traffic management and public transport systems advances on the road network, through the application of Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
Since 2008 RTIC has been produced jointly as the IET Road Transport Information and Control Conference and the ITS United Kingdom Annual Members’ Conference.
After a successful call for papers the complete programme is on the website.
The programme is a collection of some very interesting papers including:
- How implementing 80mph speed limits could influence driver behaviour
- Motorway control systems; designing to maximise value for money
- Smart road restraint systems: integrating sensing technology into crash barriers
- ITS for electric vehicles - an electromobility roadmap
- Measuring the quality of public journey planning
- A recipe for jam - can congestion be defined consistently?
- Toll interoperability - essential for the United Kingdom
- A real-world example of deploying reduced cost, advanced public transport data management solution to deliver proven higher quality travel information
- An array of posters
- Peter Adams, Major Projects Director, Highways Agency, UK
- Steven Norris, President, ITS United Kingdom, and former UK Transport Minister
Important dates for your diary:
- 29 June 2012 - Submission of full papers deadline
- 7 August 2012 - Notification of final paper acceptance
- 3 September 2012 - Submit PowerPoint to Session Chair for review
- 14 September 2012 - Email final presentation to the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about the event.
Sponsoring or exhibiting at RTIC 2012 will place your organisation in a unique position to promote your brand, your products and services and position your company as the key player within this industry sector.
To discuss how you can use RTIC 2012 to raise the profile of your company and products, please contact Mandy Mercer on + 44 (0)1438 765 571, or see our sponsorship and exhibition opportunities page.
RTIC 2012 is jointly organised by the Institution of Engineering and Technology and ITS United Kingdom.
Peter Adams, Major Projects Director, Highways Agency, UK
Alan Bristow, Director of Traffic, Transport for London (TfL)
Find out more about Alan.
Steven Norris, President, ITS United Kingdom, and former UK Transport Minister
Find out more about Steven.
Dr Mike Short CBE FREng BA CEng FIET, President, The IET Public Affairs, Telefonica Europe, UK
Drinks reception speaker