The IET Satellite Communication Systems Course
15 - 20 September 2013 | Milton Hill House, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK
About the course
An intensive one week course covering all aspects of satellite communications systems, with lectures each given by experts in their field, the IET Satellite Communications Systems course provides a comprehensive overview coupled with in-depth and up-to-date detailed technical tuition.
It is tailored both to the needs of new graduates and experienced engineers moving into this subject area for the first time, or simply those wishing to improve their knowledge in this important topic.
If you want to get ahead in your career and progress your knowledge base, this course is the ideal place to start.
Including a choice of industry-focused project work, attendees are able to use their knowledge accumulated during the week, ensuring everything taught is transferable to the workplace and applicable to satellite communications today.
Benefits of attending
- Gain a thorough grounding in the techniques, technologies and methods essential to satellite communications engineering
- Hear from academics and experts in the field, and experience a balanced overview of satellite communications
- Choose from a number of unique industry projects, allowing you to transfer the knowledge and skills from the taught sessions into your workplace
- Visit the new UK Satellite Applications Catapult Centre including the option to try operating terminal equipment first hand
Who should attend?
- Satcom system designers
- Military users, planners and operators
- Telecoms operators
- Satcom end users
- Researchers and academics in satcoms
- Engineers and scientists working with satcoms systems
- Design and development engineers in satcoms and related applications
- Equipment manufacturers
Hear what previous delegates have said about the IET Satcoms course:
"The course seems very well balanced. It takes attendees from the basics of the subject through to the applications and gives a good grounding in the technical and operational issues."
"Good, dynamic and informative sessions. The use of simplified examples enhanced the learning."
"Probably the best multi-day course I’ve been on... Thanks to all involved in organising it!"
"The group project was structured very well by Des and his assistance was immense, thanks!"
"I found the project to be a very engaging and practical application of the theory learnt."
What is included
All registered delegates will gain access to all sessions each day, lunch and refreshments throughout each day, three course dinner every evening, attendance at the drinks reception and course dinner on Thursday evening and a hard copy of the event proceedings.
Residential course fees will also include en-suite accommodation at the Milton Hill House for the duration of the course, full English buffet breakfast each morning and free use of the Leisure Centre.
Please note that the event proceedings are substantial in size so allow for this when making your travel arrangements.