About the Safety Critical Systems Course 2015
Back by popular demand, the IET’s 23rd Safety Critical Systems Course will take place on the 8 - 11 June 2015 at Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire.
Delegates attending this course will learn how to interpret and apply IEC 61508 through tutorials, practical workshops and discussions, all delivered are delivered by a host of safety critical system experts from industry and academia.
Themes for the course include Introduction to IEC 61508, Risk Concepts & IEC 61508 Standards, Hardware architectures & Safety Assurance and Software Safety.
What will delegates gain from attending?
- An in depth knowledge of the key aspects of IEC 61508
- An appreciation of the various phases of the safety lifecycle in a systematic manner
- Help with analysing risk based approaches to the development of safety requirements
- Preparation in managing systems, hardware, software and human factors issues
This professional development course will:
- Develop your understanding of the key aspects of IEC 61508
- Equip you with an appreciation of the various phases of the safety lifecycle in a systematic manner
- Prepare you to manage systems, hardware, software and human factor issues
- Help you to analyse risk based approaches to the development of the safety requirements
What's included in the course registration?
- A folder consisting of course notes
- A copy of the 61508 standard on CD Rom
- Accommodation at Wyboston Lakes*
- Access to facilities at Wyboston Lakes
- Meals whilst onsite including the course dinner
- Certificate of attendance
*Residential registrations only
What people say about Safety Critical Systems Course 2015
"the course provided an opportunity to refresh my knowledge of IEC 61508 and its application"
"I enjoyed the course and it met my expectations’"
"Good course good information"
"Overall the course was beneficial to me and well organised’"