With system complexity advancing at a fast pace, this four-day course is designed to give you an extensive and authoritative account of the requirements for functional safety through in-depth discussions and practical workshops.
Delegates will learn how to interpret and apply IEC 61508 understanding to technical, management, assessment and competence issues.
What will I gain from attending?
- Expert tuition from industry experts
- An in depth knowledge of the key aspects of IEC 61508
- An appreciation of the various phases of the safety lifecycle in a systematic manner
- Help with analysing risk based approaches to the development of safety requirements
- Preparation in managing systems, hardware, software and human factors issues
Find out more about the course.
- A folder consisting of course notes
- A copy of the 61508 standard on CD Rom
- Accommodation at Wyboston Lakes
- Access to facilities at Wyboston Lakes
- Meals whilst onsite including the Course Dinner
- Certificate of attendance
Find out more about registration.
This seminar can count towards CPD requirements. You'll earn 21 hours of CPD.
To keep your CPD records up to date ask in advance for an attendance certificate.
If you would like to broaden your professional experience through undertaking a study tour, working in industry or attending a conference then why not apply for one of the IET Travel Awards?
You might also be interested in…
April 2016 | Bristol Royal Marriott, Bristol, UK
System Safety and Cyber Security 2016
11 - 13 October 2016 | IET London: Savoy Place
9 - 10 December 2015 | 15Hatfields, London, UK