Registration and refreshments
Chairman’s opening remarks
Stephan Freeman, Information Security Strategy Manager, Transport for London (TFL)
Government view on cyber security for transportation systems
- How interconnected are we now?
- Where are we heading?
- Issues facing transport in the future
CPNI Advisor – Transport Sector
Common security challenges facing those protecting systems across the transport sector
- Common elements of the problems that occur securing Road, Rail, Air and Sea transportation systems
- What differentiates them from other secure systems for banks or government agencies?
- The challenges this poses, especially for systems with a safety critical function
Tony Bull, Specialist in Cyber Security for Mission and Safety Critical, Notitia Salu Ltd
Refreshment break and networking
Cyber attacks on rail - how secure is ERTMS?
- Should we be concerned about cyber attacks on rail?
- Is ERTMS secure?
- Security vs. safety
Robert Stroud, Senior Consultant, Adelard
Secure gateway architectures: A practical approach
- Control systems in the underground
- Threats to control systems
- Threat control measure:
- Security gateway architectures
- Security gateway architectures – Issues
- Security gateway architectures 0 LU experience
- Security gateway architectures - Nirvana
Anthony Cross, Control & Information Asset Engineer, CPD, London Underground
Lunch and networking opportunity
How functional safety contributes to vehicle resilience
- Explore the similarities for managing safety and security risks
- Past, present and future of in-vehicle and on-road safety systems
- When safety and reliability are not enough for successful global connectivity
- Essential key points to address for vehicle to vehicle, vehicle to infrastructure, vehicle to 'x' communications
Dr Ireri Ibarra, Functional Safety Consultant, MIRA Limited
Understanding the risks posed by high-tech theft methods in the automotive industry
- Exploring how thieves are stealing cars without the original key
- Try to quantify the current level of high-tech theft and how this varies by region
- Looking forward to see what other methods criminals may use in the future and the threat these pose
Chris Vargyas, Senior Project Manager, Secured by Design (SBD)
Cyber challenges and business benefits through mobile devices
- Who are Logica?
- Transporting Logica
- Any old mobile device or not?
John Sheppard, Principle Senior Architect, Logica
Refreshment break and networking
- A review of the threats to aviation security, and what can be learnt from them
- The Office for Security and Counter-Terrorism (OSCT) technology demonstrator investigation into aviation security
- Innovation and technology exploitation with the goals of improved security, increased revenue, and enhanced passenger experience
- A new philosophy and systems approach to delivering aviation security in the 21st century
Prof Adam Ogilvie-Smith, Aviation Security Expert and Visiting Professor at Robert Gordon University
Panel Q&A: What are the lessons learnt from the safety critical industries?
Moderator: Stephan Freeman, IM Security Manager, Transport for London (TFL)
- Dr Ireri Ibarra, Functional Safety Consultant, MIRA Limited
- Tony Bull, Specialist in Cyber Security for Mission and Safety Critical, Notitia Salu Ltd
- Prof Adam Ogilvie-Smith, Aviation Security Expert and Visiting Professor at Robert Gordon University
- Dr Richard Piggin, Cyber Security Manager, Atkins
Chairman’s closing remarks
Stephan Freeman, IM Security Manager, Transport for London (TFL)