This popular seminar returns for its 9th edition revised to ensure the programme meets the needs of the functional safety community.
The event will serve as a platform for the sharing of current practices, developments and lessons learned on SIL determination, with a particular focus upon the process industries. The seminar will highlight the benefits of certain approaches as well as the pitfalls of others and the effects of inappropriate SIL determinations.
On 10th December we are running an optional afternoon workshop: “How safe is safe enough? The role of SIL determination in achieving a Tolerable Risk".
This workshop will set out the key elements that form the foundation for determining what is deemed “safe” in the context of safety-related/safety critical systems to judge “How safe is safe enough?”
Find out more about the event.
- Ron Bell OBE, Director, ESC Ltd (Seminar Chairman)
- Simon Burwood, Technical Director, ESC Ltd
- Paul Caseley, DSTL
- Helen Monkhouse, Functional Safety Manager, Protean Electric Ltd
- Mike Nicholas, COMAH Technical Advisor, Environment Agency, UK
- Ron Pierce, Principal Consultant, Hitachi Europe Ltd
- Peter Sheppard, Senior Safety Engineer and Validator, Bombardier Transportation
Find out more about the speakers.
This event will be of interest to engineers and technical managers from organisations that:
- Are responsible for the management of safety, health and environmental systems
- Specify the safety requirements and target SIL of E/E/PE safety-related systems
- Provide safety-related systems designed to meet target SIL and safety requirements
- Are responsible for maintaining and optimising SIL performance on operational assets
- Are tasked with reducing SIL levels
- Are responsible for delivering functional safety of systems across the rail, defence, power, process and automotive industry
Find out about the programme.
This event can count towards CPD requirements. You'll earn 6 hours of CPD.
To keep your CPD records up to date ask in advance for an attendance certificate.