The IET / SynbiCITE workshop on Engineering Biology ran at Savoy Place in London and was hugely successful with over 100 engineers, specialists and students in attendance.
There were more than 15 sessions at the workshop featuring an exciting list of high-profile researchers and industry experts. The sessions included:
- An overview of synthetic biology and the cutting-edge research and applications
- The latest update on the synthetic biology UK roadmap
- Policy and strategy in the UK and US
- Case studies of how industries are benefitting from commercialisation of synthetic biology research
The day ended with an insightful keynote from Ron Weiss, Director at M.I.T. Synthetic Biology Center in Boston, USA and one of the pioneers of synthetic biology.
This free workshop was a precursor to the following three day call for papers conference:
- The 1st IET /SynbiCITE Conference on Engineering Biology 2016
- 13 - 15 December 2016 | IET London: Savoy Place
The call for papers is open and we hope to see you at the conference!
Find out about the seminar.
This seminar can count towards CPD requirements. You'll earn six hours of CPD.
To keep your CPD records up to date ask in advance for an attendance certificate.
If you would like to broaden your professional experience through undertaking a study tour, working in industry or attending a conference then why not apply for one of the IET Travel Awards?