8th IET International System Safety Conference incorporating the Cyber Security Conference 2013
15 - 17 October 2013 | Radisson Blu, Cardiff, UK
Sponsors and Exhibitors
To get involved in the programme contact the Event Producer, Zoe Squires.
|Full paper notification||Friday 30 August 2013|
|Author amendments||Friday 6 September 2013|
|Author registration||Monday 9 September 2013|
Following the review of abstracts, successful authors have been invited to submit a full paper to the conference.
The online submission system is now closed.
The IET guarantees successful authors widespread exposure of their work. Please see why submit a paper for more information.
Writing a full paper
- Download the full paper template (MS Word)
- Full papers are required for both oral and poster presentations. Full papers must be submitted using the full paper template form provided. Please ensure you read this document carefully and all text / diagrams fit within the template
- When inserting special characters in text use the ‘Insert Symbol’ function (avoid code-numbers for the symbols)
- All final papers must be submitted in PDF format according to the instructions within the full paper template
- It is essential that authors make sure all fonts are embedded and .pdf files are submitted unlocked. If files are submitted in ‘read only’ format or with security we may be unable to publish your paper
- Full papers must be submitted by Friday 26 July 2013
- The IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Submitting a full paper
To submit your full paper you will need to re-enter the online submission system. Please check very carefully that all the information you have provided is correct. Here is a checklist of what you should have provided and how to submit your full paper:
- Prepare your full paper file using the full paper template form provided and convert the file into PDF format
- Re-enter the online submission system. Please contact us if you need a reminder of your username and password
- Click on the number of the paper you wish to submit
- Check the title is still correct (in sentence case)
- Browse to upload your full paper PDF
- Ensure a biography of the presenting author is entered
- Ensure all authors are listed on the final page
- Ensure affiliations are correct. This is for the organisation you represent, e.g. London Power Associates Ltd. It is not for professional affiliations e.g. The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Click finish to complete. You will then receive a confirmation email
License to publish
In submitting a paper to System Safety 2013, the IET requests the authors to return a licence to publish form for the submitted work. The form must be signed by one of the authors.
Please amend the areas, sign and return the form below:
- License to publish form (MS Word)
Once completed, forms should be emailed, faxed or posted to:
System Safety 2013 Organisers
The IET - Event Services
Michael Faraday House
Six Hills Way
Fax: +44(0) 1438 765659
Authors reserve the following rights:
- All copyright
- All proprietary rights, such as patent right
Please note The IET will hold the copyright for the collection of papers, or proceedings.
If the paper is Crown or US Government copyright please email email@example.com to request the appropriate publishing agreement form.
If the IET does not receive one of the above signed forms, we will be unable to publish the paper in the conference proceedings, INSPEC or IEEE Explore
Personal data will be processed by the Institution and its associated organisations for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event. It may also be used for the promotion of other IET products and services and contacting you for market research purposes.
By providing us with your postal address, email address and telephone number you agree that we may contact you by these methods. You can change this preference at any time by either contacting us by post, following the link on a received email or amending your preferences if you have a MyIET online account.
Each paper must have at least one author registered by Monday 9 September 2013 to avoid the paper being withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
The author must be present at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation. Papers that are not presented will not feature on Inspec, the IET Digital Library or be indexed on IEEE Xplore.
You are reminded that the IET or other associated societies cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference.
It is with regret that we inform you that the IET, under the current UK, EU and US laws, is now prevented from providing any paid-for services to any person or legal entity based in Iran. This is because of severe restrictions placed on banking services which prohibits the IET from accepting from, or making payments to, any individual or organisation based within Iran via the Iranian Banking infrastructure or by any other mechanism.
As a result of this it is no longer possible for the IET to take registrations for this conference from any person or legal entity based in Iran.
Should you have any question regarding this matter please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.