26 October 2012 | IET London: Savoy Place, UK
Call for posters
Submitting your forms
- Submit your completed abstract summary submission template to Dr Robert Foster
- Submit your completed copyright form to Sarah-Jane Travi
About the call for posters
Together with the European School of Antennas, the IET has drawn together a group of distinguished international speakers who will offer a profound insight into this exciting area at the ESoA/IET Seminar on Transformation Optics, held in London on Friday 26 October, 2012.
This is a call for posters for any interested in showcasing their work at this seminar. Please send a brief summary (maximum one page) to Dr Robert Foster for review by the organising committee.
The deadline for submission is 15 October 2012. An email notifying the submitting author of acceptance will be sent by 22 October 2012. Due to space constraints, a maximum of 12 posters will be accepted. Poster boards are provided for all accepted posters.
The poster must be no bigger than 0.75M(W) X 2M(H), portrait orientation. A best poster competition will be held, with an award.
The technical scope includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Theoretical developments in transformation optics / electromagnetics
- Meta-materials and meta-surfaces
- Numerical modelling of meta-material structures
- Numerical modelling of meta-surfaces
- Realisation and characterisation of meta-materials and meta-surfaces
- Tuneable/reconfigurable metamaterials
- Non-linear metamaterials
- Example devices and applications (e.g., antennas, lenses, cloaking devices, absorbers)
Summary of actions for poster presenters
- Submit your abstract summary to Dr Robert Foster by 15 October 2012
- Register for the conference by 15 October 2012
- Submit a copyright form
- Create a poster for display at the conference. You will be required to print and bring your poster with you on the day. Full instructions on poster size / format can be found below
Poster presentation instructions
Authors selected for a poster presentation will be asked to produce and bring along a printed poster for display in the poster area at the conference.
At the conference in the catering / exhibition area there will be a number of large boards for you to display your poster on. The IET will provide pins and Velcro to stick them to the boards.
During the poster session, breaks and at lunch time you will be expected to spend some time at your poster as it is your opportunity to present your work directly to other delegates.
Your poster display
- The poster board size is 0.75M(W) X 2M(H), portrait
You should clearly display the following information on your poster board:
- The title of your paper
- The authors’ names and their affiliations
- Your usual contact details (e.g. an email address) to allow delegates to follow up discussion
- Your display should consist chiefly of keywords, diagrams, photographs, etc
- Diagrams and graphs should have clear captions
- All text should be easy to read
- Use colour to emphasise important features
- All graphs and diagrams should be drawn with thick lines (preferably 1mm or more in width)
- Handwritten text or diagrams are not recommended