How to enter
Before starting your entry, please read all of the submission instructions on this page.
The entry process
Understanding the entry process
- Before applying, please ensure you have read the criteria section
- Please also ensure you read the instructions on this page entirely – most queries we receive are usually due to the submission instructions not being read properly
- All online entries must be completed by the person entering (you cannot fill it out on behalf of someone else), and a completed nominators form submitted by 31 July 2014 17:00 (BST) if it is to be considered
- Please note that all applications are automatically entered for all three awards presented at the ceremony (YWE, Mary George Memorial and WES Prize)
- Following the review of entries, successful candidates (or, the “Shortlist”) will be invited to an interview which will be held around early September time in London
- The top five shortlisted candidates (or “the finalists”) will have a short film produced about them which will be played at the ceremony and used to help promote the awards and women in engineering
- All finalists will be required to attend the ceremony held in London in early December
Completing your entry
Ensure you have read the instructions on this page in full
Register as a new user on the entry system
Completing the online entry form
Section A – Candidate details
Free text questions
We recommend you don’t type directly into the free-text answer boxes – if you forget to press next button before closing, you risk losing the text and you will have to start again.
We suggest for the longer, free text questions to pre-prepare your answers in a word document and then copy and paste them onto the system when you are ready (don’t forget to check that each fits within the 450 word limit!)
Remember you can always go back to change / tweak answers at any time before the entry deadline.
Submitting the nominator’s form
Every entry must be validated by submitting a completed nominator’s form.
“My endorser wants to view my entry before completing the nominators form – how can I give them access to it?”
Once you have completed sections A to D, you just need to skip the nominators form screen until you reach the summary screen. Here you can print out a hard copy of your entry using the “print” button for your nominator / endorser to look at. Alternatively you can print to PDF and send them the PDF version as an email attachment. You can then login later and upload the completed form at the nominators form upload screen.
Once you have completed all five sections and you click the “finish” forward button, you will receive a pop up notification saying your submission has been successfully completed (or amended, as appropriate).
Once you hit OK you will be directed to a summary screen of all the data you have entered and you will receive a confirmation email.
Making changes to your entry
You can go back and finish / amend any section you wish and / or re-upload an updated version of your nominator’s form at any time up until the closing date of 31 July 2014, 17:00 (BST).
|If you have any queries about the submission process or you want to withdraw you entry please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|