The IET’s Young Woman Engineer of the Year Awards
This prestigious award honours the very best female engineers working in the UK today
December 2013 | London, UK
2012 headline sponsors
About the award
The YWE award recognises a young woman who has firmly established herself as an energetic and technically excellent professional.
The Award celebrates the achievements of women in engineering and highlights engineering as a worthwhile and exciting career. Finalists and winners are ideal role models for those considering a career in engineering and through interviews with the media, talking to schools, career conventions, etc., can attract more young people (boys and girls) into the sector. Winners and finalists perform an ambassadorial role for the IET, and engineering in general, throughout the year.
Additional prizes announced at the ceremony include the Mary George Memorial Prize for Apprentices and the Women's Engineering Society Prize.
How will the winners benefit?
- All award winners will have the chance to claim her award at a prestigious national ceremony in London, which will be covered by both print and broadcast media
- All award winners will have the opportunity to attend high profile events and meet the most influential people in our industry
- All awards will highlight the winner's achievements to future employers
- The YWE winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £2,500
- The Mary George Prize for Apprentices Winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £750
- The Women's Engineering Society Prize winner will receive a trophy and a cheque for £750
It's an amazing opportunity for exceptional young women to get noticed for all the right reasons and to secure long term career success. Here are just some of the opportunities you can expect as the winner of the YWE, Mary George or WES prizes:
- Delivering activities that inspire and engage young people
- Being interviewed by journalists
- Participating in blogs and social media activities
- Talking at conferences
- Representing the IET at the highest level
- Networking with other inspirational women in engineering
If you have any enquiries about the YWE awards 2013, please email email@example.com