Other IET Awards
IET Technician of the Year Award
This award is to recognise individuals who stand out from their peers and have made noteworthy achievements in their area of expertise. Individuals who are role models to others and are passionate about engineering.
Nominate a great engineering technician now!
- Award for an engineering technician in a technical support role to recognise exceptional engineering contribution to the profession with emphasis on how they have demonstrated commitment to engineering or technology through their technical and professional development.
- A report and evidence of the contribution, with emphasis on how this has demonstrated outstanding engineering or technical understanding and ability in the workplace, will form part of the nomination.
- Nominations are welcome for engineering technicians in supporting roles within the engineering, technology or academic sectors around the world.
- We also welcome nominations for United Kingdom MOD civil servants.
- Click on the above purple button and complete the online submission form
- Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for completed nominations is 17 May 2019.
- Two years free IET membership
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to The IET Achievement Awards Ceremony in London, held in October each year, were the winner in each category will be announced.
This high profile event will be attended by influential people offering excellent networking opportunities and will provide the attendees an opportunity to raise their profile within the engineering industry.
< return to previous page
Frequently asked questions
Does the description of the work undertaken need to include classified information for the nomination to be considered?
|A||Do NOT include classified information in the report.|
Which award do I nominate for if the individual is a United Kingdom MOD civil servant?
|A||Please nominate for the Apprentice or Technician of the Year Award.|
Which award do I nominate for if the individual is about to complete their apprenticeship or they have recently completed their apprenticeship?
|A||If you are nominating an engineering apprentice who is currently on an IET Approved Apprenticeship scheme or an individual who has recently completed their engineering apprenticeship and you are using evidence gained during their apprenticeship, please nominate for the apprentice award.|
May I nominate for more than one category of award?
|A||No, please chose one of the three categories:
IET Apprentice of the Year
IET Technician of the Year
IET Armed Forces Technician of the Year
What if the candidate's work includes products, processes or information which cannot be revealed to a wider audience?
When nominators are preparing their submissions they should take into account that the candidate might be shortlisted for the award category and information from their online submission may be published on the Internet or in press releases without prior notice to the candidate or the organisation they are employed by.
Therefore the nominator will need to ensure that their submission does not contain any details which are commercially sensitive (i.e. intellectual property) or are subject to security clearance (i.e. classified information).