Mike Sargeant Award
After a long career in the electrical, electronic and control engineering industries, Mike Sargeant moved into teaching where his constant ambition was to inspire young men and women about the excitement and challenges of a life in engineering. The fulfilment of his ambition continues through this award, established in his memory by his wife and son.
The Award is made annually to a young professional who is judged to have made the most significant achievement in their career for three years or more.
The Prize consists of an engraved medal, a certificate and £500 cash.
How can I nominate?
- Click on the purple button above to make your nomination
- Please ensure you describe how your nominee has shown exceptional leadership in developing a project, has contributed creatively when developing a new product or service, or has demonstrated exceptional commitment to engineering and/or technology through their academic or professional development.
- We welcome nominations for women and men from around the world.
- You don't need to be an IET Member to make a nomination or be nominated.
- Only one nomination is needed per candidate
- We cannot accept self-nominations