IET Awards - Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
Awards, prizes and scholarships within engineering and technology
Other IET Awards
IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarships supported by Thales
Scholarships offered in 2018
5 Scholarships of £1,000 per year.
Thales employs over 2000 engineers across over 15 sites in the UK. We have recently moved into our brand new Headquarters in Reading with other major sites including Crawley, Glasgow, Belfast, Cheadle Heath, Bristol and London.
Wherever safety and security are critical, Thales delivers. Together, we innovate with our customers to build smarter solutions. Everywhere.
From Aerospace, Space and Defence to Security and Transportation, Thales helps its customers to create a safer world by giving them the tools they need to perform critical tasks.
Our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly in challenging environments.
World-class technology, the combined expertise of 64,000 employees and operations in 56 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
- Paid summer placements - 3 months
- Year in industry placements - 12 months
- Graduate development programme - start your career at Thales
- Applications open in October. Check out our Early Careers website - http://ukearlycareers.thalesgroup.com/about-us
As a Diamond Jubilee Scholar supported by the organisation what are the benefits/opportunities
Thales is a strong supporter of engineering and has a mission to encourage young people to be enthusiastic about careers in science and engineering subjects. We strongly believe that growing engineering talent is a key to prosperity.
Thales will help you understand the industrial engineering landscape and the opportunities open to you when you complete your education.
Thales Scholarship funding via the IET Diamond Jubilee scholarship scheme will offer:
- £1,000 per year for up to 4 years
- All the additional benefits provided by the IET
- Allocated Thales mentor throughout your four years
- First year Thales induction day - a chance to grow your network and understand the technologies, customers and systems we work with
- Guaranteed summer placement opportunities (minimum one within the four years)
- Fast-track assessment to the Thales Graduate Programme