Other IET Awards
IET Grants for Final Year Students 2018
If you are a member of the IET, and starting the final year of your engineering or technology degree in autumn 2018, you might be able to win a grant to help you with your studies.
How much are the grants worth?
Ten winners will each receive a grant of £1,000.
Who is eligible?
The awards are for individuals who:
- Have been a member for a minimum of one year by the date for applications
- Have a genuine financial need
- Starting the final year of an undergraduate degree in autumn 2018
- Studying on an IET accredited degree course in the UK. Check the list of CEng and IEng accredited programmes to see if your degree course is accredited by the IET
- Have obtained 60% or more in the end of year exams
Individuals receiving another IET or Academy scholarship, including Diamond, Horizons, Power Academy, UKESF and E3 are not eligible.
How do I apply?
- You can apply for a grant at any time until 28 June 2018
- Your referee should ideally be someone who is in a position to comment on your academic ability e.g. tutor. You may submit more than one reference and candidates with industrial experience who are submitting an academic reference are encouraged to submit an additional reference from a training supervisor or manager in further support of their application
- Please forward the reference form to your referee(s) for completion. Please ask your referee to send the completed reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 June 2018
- You will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your university exam transcripts to your online application by 27 July 2018
How are the winners chosen?
Your entry will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application
- Commitment to engineering
- Achievements and academic progress
- External activity, for example volunteering, STEM promotion or work experience
- Need for financial support
If you're selected for an award, you will be invited to the IET Achievement Awards Ceremony on 14 November 2018 to receive your award.
14 November 2018 IET Achievement Awards Ceremony