Travel Awards 2020
If you are a member of the IET, we can provide grants to help you present a paper or poster at conferences around the world or participate in international research visits or projects.
Grants are given out six times a year. We typically award two grants in each round.
What’s on offer?
We can award grants of up to £1,500 - a maximum of 75% of the total cost of the visit would be funded by the IET.
Who is eligible?
The awards are for individuals who:
- Have been a member for a minimum of one year up to the date of application
- Are IET members i.e. Student, Member, Fellow and some Associate categories. Lapsed members are not eligible
- Reside in any country, as long as the travel is international
How do I apply?
- You can apply for a grant at any time during the year
- The travel should take place at least one month after the closing date for applications
- You can't submit an application after an event has taken place
- You can make up to two applications within a twelve-month period
- If you have already received an IET Travel Award, a year must have passed before you can apply again
- Please click the 'Apply' button above
- You will be asked to attach documentary evidence of the travel intention (e.g. invitation from the conference organiser) and confirmation that a visa has been sought (if required)
- You will be requested to provide details of how any difference between the cost of the visit and the IET award will be funded
- You'll need to provide contact details of your referee and send a request for a reference during the application
How are the winners chosen?
Your entry will be assessed on the following:
- The quality of your application
- Your research promise and evidence of ability
- The aims and merit of the conference or research project
- How the conference or research project will benefit you and your studies/employment
- The relevance of the conference or research project to the IET and the wider community
- A genuine financial need for the award, with insufficient assistance available from other sources
- The main objectives of the conference/visit, including any supplementary visits which may be planned
If you're selected for an award, you'll be asked to reference the IET, for example by including an IET logo in your published paper/poster and you will need to send us a report of around 1,000 words within one month of returning from your trip, which will be published on the IET awards website.
If you have any questions about the criteria or application process, please contact email@example.com.
|Deadline for applications
||Applicants notified by
|22 January 2020
||5 February 2020
|18 March 2020
||1 April 2020
|13 May 2020
||27 May 2020
|22 July 2020
||5 August 2020
|23 September 2020
||7 October 2020
|18 November 2020
||2 December 2020