Application questions and requirements
The online application process will request the specified questions and requirements below.
1. Personal details
- Surname, First Name(s), Title
- Date of Birth
- Permanent family address
- Email - please provide an email address that you can use regularly, as all correspondence will be conducted via email.
- *Category of membership / *Membership number - *You are not required to be an IET member when you apply for this scholarship.
- Are you an EU citizen?
- Do you have the permanent right to work in the UK after graduation (excludes student visas)?
- Will you need to take a year in industry associated with your degree course?
- Have you applied for a Power Academy Scholarships previously?
- Are you obligated to return to your home country to enter into an employment contract after graduation?
- How did you hear about the Power Academy Scholarships?
- University, Poster / Leaflets / IET website / Other - please specify
- If university, please specify where: Website-please specify, Publication - please specify
2. Other sources of funding please state
- Type of scholarship / loan / grant
- Amount awarded in pounds sterling
- Which University you attend
- Full title of IET accredited degree course including level i.e. MEng, BEng, BSc etc
- Date of commencement
- Date of completion
- Which year of your academic studies are you in i.e. 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year, Final year
- Qualifications obtained / currently studied / date obtained / grade achieved / expected - A Level / Advanced Higher / Higher results (or equivalent such as HNC / HND or international equivalents)
- UCAS score
- University modules studied / date obtained / grade achieved/ expected
- If you are studying at university, please include your overall average grade for every year of university study to date
*The fields within this section are mandatory and all will need to be completed.
4. Competency questions
- This information will be used to decide on who to invite to the assessment centre. Use no more that 250 words per question.
5. General questions
6. Your information
- Use no more than 250 words per question
7. Work experience
- Length of employment
8. Company preferences
- You may wish to refer to the IET and company web site information before completing this section.
- Please select three from the list
- If you are unsuccessful with your preferred companies, are you prepared to be considered by the other companies - yes / no?
10. Referee details
- Full address
- Your referee should be someone who is in a position to comment on your academic ability e.g. tutor or lecturer.
11. Tips and advice
- The reason we ask you to complete your application thoroughly is that each year the Power Academy typically receives over 300 applications. The screening of the application is the first step in the selection process.
- It is important that you give full, accurate and detailed answers and provide as much information as possible within the word limit